Nominations FOR 2018 LeaderLuncheon Honoree
For 40 years, YWCA O‘ahu has honored women who have demonstrated leadership and made a difference in our community. We invite you to nominate an outstanding woman to be recognized at LeaderLuncheon 2018.
Women selected will exemplify the following qualities:
- Is female and a resident of Hawai‘i;
- Must embody YWCA Oahu's mission through their empowerment of women and the community;
- Is a role model, creates opportunities, and/or advocates for the advancement of women and girls;
- Is a leader in her community;
- Is inspirational.
- Attend the 41st Annual LeaderLuncheon event;
- Participate in pre- and post-event promotional activities.
Expectations of nominators:
- Attend the Honorees' meet-and-greet gathering to be held in early March;
- Recruit Honorees's family, friends and colleagues to sponsor tables at LeaderLuncheon 2018.
Nominations must include:
- Completed nomination form (click here to download a fillable form).
- Nomination essay which addresses the following:
- How the nominee meets the qualities of a YWCA Honoree (see qualities above);
- Additional information that makes the nominee worthy of selection.
- Two letters of support: letters should be submitted by individuals other than the nominator (e.g., person submitting nomination essay).
- Optional: newspaper or magazine article, photos, or other documents about the nominee. Note that these materials will not be returned.
- All of the above (items 1-4) must not exceed 10 one-sided pages (8.5 x 11 inches).
- All applications must be received in full by 4:00pm HST, Friday, November 3, 2017.
- Completed application must include YWCA O‘ahu nomination form, nomination essay, two letters of support, and any additional optional support documents (e.g., news articles). Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Email to: email@example.com
- Or mail/hand-deliver to:
1040 Richards Street
Honolulu, HI 96813
Announcement of Honorees will be made by February 2018.
For questions and more information, contact Cecilia Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808.695.2620.
YWCA O‘ahu LeaderLuncheon Academy
2017: Bettina Mehnert, Connie Mitchell, Susan Murray, Crystal Rose
2016: Marilyn Lee, Helen Nakano, Donna Tanoue, Betty White
2015: Mary M. Cooke, Kathryn W. Inouye, Laura Smith, Candice Suiso
2014: Marilyn M. Moniz-Kaho'ohanohano, Karen Radius, Cecile D. Sebastian, Helen N. Wai
2013: Dee Jay Mailer, Paula R. Rath, Lorenn Walker, Sylvia H. Yuen
2012: Belinda A. Aquino, Lucy M. Gay, Ann H. Kobayashi, Betty Lou Larson, Shelley Wilson
2011: Vicky Cayetano, Colleen E. Minami, Suzanne Chun Oakland, Catherine H. Payne, Linda Rosario
2010: Violeta Arnobit, Faye Kennedy, Nancy Kreidman, Nola Nahulu, Leslie Wilcox
2009: Erlinda M. Cachola, Suzanne Case, Anna Elento-Sneed, Signe A. Godfrey, Marsha Graham, Janice Kalanihuia, Melody K. Mackenzie, Diane J. Plotts, Virginia M. Pressler, Indru Watumull
2008: Connie C. Chun, Gwen Pacarro, Donnis Thompson, Jenai Wall
2006: Adelia C. Chung, Ku Kahakalau, Faye W. Kurren, Mary Bea Porter-King
2005: Christine Camp Friedman, Tyrie L. Jenkins, Carol Ai May, Coral W. Pietsch
2004: Louise K. Ing, Lynn Maunakea, Victoria Schneider
2003: Naleen Andrade, Carol McNamee, Jean E. Rolles
2002: Sandra A. Fong, Caroline Ward Oda, Ph.D., Nalani Olds
2001: Clarice Cornett, Marivic G. Dar, Alice F. Guild
2000: Julia Frohlich, Francine Gries, Patti J. Lyons
1999: Catherine Lagareta, Maile Meyer, Jo Ann Moe
1998: Gail F. Breakey, Lynn M. Watanabe, Sharon Weiner
1997: Lynne Johnson, Beatrice K. Kraus, Rose Nakamura
1996: Lucile M. Abreu, Joan M. Bickson, Estelle Kelley
1995: Diane E. Chang, Sharon S. McPhee, Rell Sunn
1994: Viola E. Dolman, Sharon C. Mahoe, Jackie Young
1993: Gladys K. Ainoa Brandt, Margaret Oda, Cherye R. Pierce
1992: Barbara C. Anthony, Momi Waihee Cazimero, Constance H. Lau, Patricia Saiki
1991: Doris M. Ching, Beatrice K. Dawson, Noel Irwin-Hentschel, Carole Kai Onouye, Lynne Waihee
1990: Suzanne Haunani Apoliona, Ellen G. Carson, Myra R. Immings, Esther E. Park, Joyce Richards, Ann B. Simpson, Joyce S. Tsunoda, Won Hee K. You, Marti L. Young
1989: Amefil Agbayani, Irmgard Farden Aluli, Penny Bradley, Ines Cayaban, Marye Deming, Lisa Hashimoto, Elizabeth W. Takahashi
1988: Linda Coble, Kathryn Lucktenberg, Ruth M. Ono, Jane Renfro Smith, Judy Sobin
1987: Harriet Bouslog, Winifred Buckley, Clorinda L. Lucas, Patsy T. Mink, Mary K. Pukui, Barbara Tanabe, Mililani Trask
1986: Naomi Campbell, Janice M. Hamby, Jeannette P. Hereniko, Fran G. Hill, Karen T. Nakamura, Elizabeth L. Takao
1985: Lucille Breneman, Denby Fawcett, Joan Lee Husted, Marion G. Saunders, Martha T. Torney, Lynne Wikoff, Lily K. Yao
1984: Barbara Dew, Shelby A. Floyd, Melani Granfors, Ah Quon McElrath, May Moir, Harriet O'Sullivan
1983: Beebe Freitas, Lucile Moore, Myrtle Schattenburg, Emme Tomimbang, Edith H. Wolfe
1982: Ann B. Catts, Lois Taylor Clarke, Nancy Corbett, Betty Hemphill, Maureen Keleher
1980: Sharon Bintliff, Mealii N. Kalama, Shimeji Kanazawa, Andrea L. Simpson, Janice Wolf
1979: Mary G.F. Bitterman, Dorothy K. Ching, Billie Hauge, Laila Twigg-Smith, Betty M. Vitousek
1978: Cobey Black, Juliette M. Fraser, Betty F. Hirozawa, Adrienne Kaeppler, Dorothy Shimer
1977: Barbara Joan Edwards, Monta Kinney, Nora M. Kurosu, Audrey Mertz, Patricia Putman
Previously Honored Organizations
Alston Hunt Floyd & Ing • Alu Like, Inc. • American Savings Bank • American Trust Co. of Hawaii, Inc. • Aston Hotels & Resorts, Hawaii • Belt Collins Hawaii • Boys & Girls Club of Hawaii • Group 70 International, Inc. • Hawaii Pacific University • Hawaii Women Lawyers • Kaiser Permanente • Kamehameha Schools • Kapi‘olani Medical Center • KHNL TV, Channel 13 • KNDI 1270 AM • La Pietra Hawaii School for Girls • McDonald's Restaurants of Hawaii • Na Loio • Office Pavilion • Pioneer Federal Savings Bank • Rainbow Wahine Volleyball Team • Sacred Hearts Academy • St. Andrew's Priory • U.S. Army Corps of Engineers