HELPing WOMEN REALIZE THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
Dress for Success® is more than just a new outfit. It’s about confidence. It’s about enabling women to break the cycle of poverty. The mission of Dress for Success is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
YWCA O‘ahu offers four Dress for Success programs
Dress for Success volunteers serve as personal shoppers and provide clients with a career outfit, cosmetics, footwear, accessories and—most importantly—a self-confidence boost.
Going Places Network
Going Places Network is an 8-week job support program for unemployed women to help address and eliminate the frustrating obstacles that may arise during a search for employment.
Professional Women's Group
Professional Women’s Group offers successfully employed Dress for Success clients a support system where volunteers and staff empower them to retain their jobs, and advance in their careers.
Dress for Success clients have access to Personal Pathways, a powerful workshop series in partnership with the Patsy T. Mink Center for Business & Leadership, to provide knowledge and confidence for the aspiring professional woman.
Through these programs, we offer
- Professional Suiting
- Resume Writing
- Interview Coaching
- Career Counseling
- Power Networking
- Job Retention Skills
- Career Advancement
- Personal Development
- Professional Development
How YOU Can Help
- Volunteer as a personal shopper, job coach, expert speaker, computer tutor and more.
- Become a partner referral agency to help women achieve economic independence.
- Donate gently used women's business apparel, shoes, unused makeup or underwear, and accessories as handbags, scarves and jewelry.
- Attend the Monthly Benefit Clothing Sale at the Laniākea YWCA.
- Give a monetary donation to support our programs and services on O‘ahu.