Health & Wellness
Laniākea FITNESS CENTER hours
Monday - Friday: 5:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 2:00pm
YWCA O‘ahu is the best-kept fitness secret in downtown Honolulu. Our historical site, YWCA Laniākea (1040 Richards Street), offers a wide range of activities and facilities for men and women, including a full-length basketball court, more than 40 group fitness classes per week, an 84-plus degree heated outdoor pool for lap swimming and aqua therapy, fitness center and weights, personal training and more. Health & Wellness plans are available with affordable membership rates for seniors (age 60 and up), adults (ages 16-59) and college students. Special fitness program pricing may be offered through your health care provider as well.
In order to participate in our health and wellness programs, you must be a YWCA O‘ahu member unless stated otherwise. Schedules are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
Want to test yourself with challenging "out-of-the-box" boot camps? Are you an active senior looking for fun and fresh exercises? YWCA Laniākea group classes cover those needs, and much more. Sessions currently being offered include:
- Boot camp, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Tabata, TRX
- Tai chi
- Arthritis-based classes (aquatic and non-aquatic)
- Step fitness
- Aqua Fit and Aqua Zumba
- Traditional Zumba, Zumba Toning, Strong by Zumba and Zumba Gold
- High-impact and low-impact aerobics
- Turbo kickboxing
- Wellness hula
- Sweatin' to the Oldies, Disco line-dancing, Silver & Fit
View our Class Schedule each week for new and exciting programs on the horizon.
View our Aqua Class Schedule for pool group fitness opportunities.
Heated PooL/THERAPY Pool
YWCA O‘ahu features a beautiful outdoor pool with water heated to 84-plus degrees. Our pool is perfect for those who suffer from joint and muscular conditions that require heat to decrease pain and increase mobility. The pool is available year-round for Aqua Classes, Designated Lap Swim times (18.2 m), and Learn to Swim classes through our Aquatics program. View our Pool Schedule.
Do you want a better understanding of your physical wellbeing? Do you have a possible injury or musculoskeletal concern? YWCA Oʻahu in partnership with Fukuji & Lum Physical Therapy and Associates, encourages members to discover what they can do to safeguard their health!
YWCA Oʻahu annual members can now schedule a complimentary 15-minute Wellness Screening with Fukuji & Lum Physical Therapy and Associates, one of the largest providers of physical therapy in Hawaiʻi. Take preventative action now and address potential therapy needs for your wellbeing.
During the assessment, no actual treatment is provided. The member may be recommended to their physician for referral of medically necessary services. For more information please click on the image at right.
To begin scheduling your Wellness Screening, please register below.
Our open-air gymnasium is a multi-function venue serving various programs, including our daily morning and lunch time bootcamp, basketball, volleyball, and exclusive venue rentals.
MEMOS & UPDATES
We make every effort to communicate updates and changes to our operations and policy through staff training, memos, and signage. View memos here.
Plans and Rates
Access to historic location, Laniākea Fitness Center, is for YWCA Health and Wellness members only. To sign up for a Health and Wellness membership plan, please see our Member Services desk.
Fees: Fitness members must pay an annual YWCA O‘ahu annual membership fee of $50 in addition to monthly fitness plan fees (see plans outlined below). For additional YWCA O‘ahu annual membership information, please click here.
- Adult Plan: $40/month
Adult Plan members age 16-18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Senior Plan (age 60+): $30/month
- Student Plan: $25/month
Valid student ID required.
- Corporate Plan: $30/month
Contact us to verify that your business is on the list, or to qualify your business/employees.
- Insurance Plan: Contact your HMSA, Kaiser or UHA provider directly to determine eligibility.
Health & Wellness Member BENEFITS
- No contracts and no additional fee to cancel (30 day written notice)
- Unlimited use of cardio equipment and weight room during gym hours (ages 16+)
- Access to Personal Trainers (fee based)
- Access to a wide range of group fitness classes (aquatic and land-based)
- Use of downtown Honolulu's only 84-degree heated therapy pool for lap swim and open swim
- Lockers available for rent for men and women
- Private showers and dressing areas for men and women
- Family bathroom
- Basketball time in gymnasium (available during lunch and evenings)
- Handicapped-accessible facilities